Rolled wafer cones production is a solutions from the Haas Group, global manufacturer of production lines for bakery, confectionery and dairy industries.
The headquarters are in Leobendorf near Vienna with 1,650 employees worldwide (620 in headquaters in Leobendorf).
The proposal of Haas Group from last edition of Interpack fari (2017). (Video: Haas)
The production is focused on process solutions with a claim to highest quality standards.
The services Haas offers include all stages, from plant design, machine construction, manufacture and assembly up to the smooth commissioning phase at the site with the after-sales service program.
Expertise and innovative know-how meet customers’ expectations
Rolled wafer cones by Haas, the production is focused on process solutions with a claim to highest quality standards. (photo: Haas)The expertise, innovative know-how and the outstanding infrastructure in laboratories and trial facilities meet customers’ most demanding expectations.
Last but not least, individually tailored training programs for engineers and technicians support the continual optimization of installed lines.
With brands Franz Haas, Haas-Meincke and Haas-Mondomix, it is possible to find highest quality standards and innovation in the Haas Group.
- FHW Franz Haas Waffelanlagen GmbH: world market leader in wafer industry, producing wafer equipment for flat wafers, hollow wafers, snacks, wafer sticks, rolled and molded cones, molded cones and cups, special wafer products, Belgian waffles and wafer rolls.
- Haas-Meincke A/S focuses on equipment for biscuit products and designs and manufactures lines for crackers, cocktail crackers, lye and semi-sweet products, all kinds of soft dough biscuits such as molded or wire-cut products and cake products. Additionally, the company offers machines for biscuit sandwiching and snacks.
- Haas-Mondomix B.V. specializes in mixing, aeration and depositing equipment for baking, confectionery, dairy and non-food products.
Between several solution for food industry, in rolled ice cream cones and cups production, there are two main solutions: for high capacity lines and for small-medium capacity lines.
Rolled wafer cones for ice cream production with small-medium capacity
Rolled wafer cones with a sugar content of about 35–55% of flour content (sugar cones) are produced on fully automatic baking ovens.
After mixing, the batter is deposited at the oven head onto the lower plates of baking plate pairs which are mounted to a baking tong chain. The upper and lower plates close and run through the baking chamber.
A special sealing system ensures a high density of the baked wafer sheets and therefore a high quality of the produced cones.
The baking process for rolled wafer cones production
After one turn, the baking plates open at the oven head. The baked sheets are taken off by a mechanical system and rolled to cones in a rolling device under application of pressure.
The shape-giving dwelling time in the rolling device – a further criteria for product quality – is longer than that of other comparable systems. The number of rolling tools can flexibly be adapted to the technological requirements of the respective product.
The finished cones are cooled and transferred to an automatic stacking device, where they are stacked in pre-selected amounts, possibly also sleeved (put into paper or aluminum foil cones), and moved in rows to a take-off table.
The possible products are:
- industrial sugar cones
- cones with heart-shaped rim
- individual sugar cones
The molded cones process system for middle-high capacity line for molded cones or cups, baked with oven MTA.
Batter mixing with BMA
BMA is the advanced, modular and compact, configured-to-application batter mixer. Water, flour and other ingredients are mixed in the mixing bowl, which is equipped with a special mixing turbine, mixer bowl design and optimized motor performance.
The intensive circulation of the ingredients is resulting in a lump-free batter within short time.
- mixing cell volume 30, 60, 120, 180 or 300 l, mixing time 3–6 min
- expansion options: automatic charge/discharge preparation, easy clean preparation, product water mixing and dosing automation
- stainless steel execution in hygienic design
- easy operation via touch panel
Baking with Varan ovens
Varan ovens are designed for the fully automatic industrial production of rolled wafer cones with a sugar content of about 40–50% of the flour content (sugar cones). Capacities of up to 4,000 cones /h are possible.
- 36–72 self-supporting baking plates of special cast iron in the format 200 x 233 mm
- rolling tower with 6–12 vertically arranged rolling tools
- optimal guidance of running wheels
- low-maintenance and durable bearings
- easy disassembling and assembling of baking plates
- option: shearing sealing for high product quality (for industrial cones)
- adjustable core thickness
- servo-controlled depositor with up to 2 depositing arms
Sleeving machines for vertically arranged stack with KFM-M
The KFM-M takes single sleeves from a vertically arranged stack by means of friction bodies. The sleeves slide onto a stacking band in a time-uncontrolled manner.
The molded cones are fed to and put into the sleeves on the same band.
- installed onto the cone stacking device
- 4–10 lanes
- one pull-out device for all lanes
- grippers with friction bodies
- only suited for closed sleeves