It is difficult to imagine using less packaging when we have to reduce the use of materials: we think of the beverages containers first. But if we look a bit closer, we can see that there is plenty of savings potential in the area of secondary packaging as well. Sustainable alternative to the film wrapped pack.
Krones: solutions for the fields of process, filling and packaging technology.
The LitePac secondary packaging series is made up of innovative packs and packaging that are in keeping with modern times in terms of sustainability and preservation of resources.
The principle of the circular economy for LitePac secondary packaging
The LitePac secondary packaging suitable for non-returnable PET bottles and cans offering a sustainable alternative to film-wrapped packs.
It combines the minimal use of materials with great user friendliness and it can be manufactured from recycled materials and, after use, they can be recycled themselves.
LitePac secundary packaging packs follow the principle of the circular economy. This is because they can be manufactured from recycled materials.
It is practical and ergonomic and all LitePac packs have been designed with focus on the requirements of consumers; for example, by ensuring that they are comfortable to carry and easy to open.
Solution optimised for the entire supply chain, huge savings potential
Minimal materials and low energy consumption in production.
The significant advantages can be achieved with LitePac packs –both in terms of the environment and in terms of cost efficiency.
The solution is optimised for the entire supply chain and the stability of the packaging units is completely assured from the filler through logistics to the point of sale –and matches the stability of the shrink packaging commonly used today.
Everything you need for PET: the closed plastics cycle under one roof
Can plastic packages be sustainable?
Yes, they can, if the process for producing them is resource-economical and if they are kept in a closed cycle. You can achieve both of this with technology from Krones and the services it provides.
Starting with material-saving packaging design, then low-energy container production right through to recovery of used plastics: Krones offers PET bottles and other packages a chance for a sustainable, eco-compatible life-cycle – not only once, mind you, but again and again.
LitePac: strapping for non-returnable packs
First introduced in 2011, LitePac is today the basis for the new LitePac Top packs for PET bottles. It would be difficult to imagine using less packaging: two narrow straps – and that’s it.
The LitePac pack is a deliberate break from previous packaging conventions – and delivers sensational savings in terms of plastic consumption as a result.
It is produced on individually tailored packaging machines from Krones. They too have committed themselves to the goal of resource protection – especially with energy-saving technology. LitePac details:
- Suitable for packs of non-returnable PET bottles;
- Consists of a horizontal strapping band and vertical strapping that acts as a handle;
- Savings in comparison to shrink packs:
– Up to 75 percent in terms of materials;
– Up to 90 percent in terms of energy consumption during production;
- Easy to open and comfortable to carry.
LitePac Top: the cardboard clip for non-disposable PET containers
- Cardboard underneath the bottle neck holds the containers in the required formation;
- Additional strapping band ensures safety during transport;
- Cardboard clip made of renewable raw materials;
- Complete packaging is 100 percent recyclable after use;
- Comfortable to pick up with the cardboard-based carrying handle;
- Individual bottles can be easily removed without spoiling the formation of the other bottles;
- Offers plenty of scope for attractive printing.
• Pack formations: 2 x 2 and 3 x 2;
• Processing range: 0.5 l to 2.0 l PET bottles.
LitePac Top: the cardboard clip for cans
• Of renewable raw materials
• Free from plastics and adhesives
• Minimum use of packaging material
• Fully recyclable
• Easy to open and comfortable to carry
• Processing range: 0.33 l and 0.50 l standard cans
• Pack formations: 2 x 2, 3 x 2, 4 x 2
• Machine technology: Krones Varioline
Special highlight: the cans can be correctly aligned with the corresponding machine technology so that e.g. the brand logo is prominently positioned on the shop shelf, or so that multiple can designs can be combined into a single design.