Water is essential for human well-being because it transports nutrients to every cell of the organism, eliminates toxins, improves blood circulation, and lubricates the joints.
SMI solutions for SNO water plant
Aqua Geo was founded in 2009 with the aim of marketing locally and abroad the high-quality mineral water that flows from Georgian springs. For the design and the construction of the production plant of SNO natural water, located in Misaktsieli, a few kilometers from the capital Tbilisi, Aqua Geo collaborated with partners specialized in bottling and packaging advanced technologies.
Investing for increasing efficiency
The growing demand for SNO natural water required new investments for the expansion and modernization of two end-of-lines at the plant of Misaktsieli.
Working in close collaboration with Aqua Geo team, SMI engineers designed an automatic solution for increasing the production efficiency of 0.5 L and 1.5L PET lines.
Water bottling plant. 24,000 bph end of line for PET bottles
Aqua Geo was founded in 2009 with the aim of marketing locally and abroad the high-quality mineral water that flows from Georgian springs. (photo: SMI Group)
The solution includes:
- CSK 50F ERGON shrink wrapper up to 50 packs/minute in film only in 6×4 and 4×3 formats (0.5 L bottles) and 3×2 format (1.5 L bottles);
- Conveyors to carry the loose product out of the filling monobloc; accumulation conveyors before and after the labeller and conveyors to carry the packs from the shrink wrapper to the palletizer;
- HA 60 handle applicator;
- APS 1550 ERGON palletizer for making 800×1200 and 1000×1200 europallets.
The main advantages:
CSK ERGON packer:
- Motorized system of oscillating guides at the machine infeed for the correct channeling of loose containers;
- Grouping of loose containers in the desired format carried out continuously;
- Compact design film cutting unit with brushless motor-run blade, which makes the cutting operation more precise;
- ICOS motors equipped with integrated digital servo-drive (driver), that ensure greater energy efficiency, less noise and reduced wear of components;
- Easy maintenance.
- Optimal management of product flow, through an accurate study of the accumulation, distribution and handling dynamics;
- Format changeover times reduced to a minimum;
- High operational reliability, thanks to the structure and components made of AISI 304 stainless steel;
- Some of the lowest noise and friction levels in the industry.
APS ERGON palletizer
- Compact structure with a central column that combines the functions of empty pallet feeding, insertion of the pads between the layers and palletizing operations;
- Reduced maintenance costs and low energy consumption, thanks to the machine simple mechanics and the use of components coming from the robot industry;
- Extremely simple automation and management control, thanks to the intuitive and easy-to-use man-machine interface.
End of line for the tertiary packaging
SMI supplied an automatic palletizing system for processing packs arriving from the LSK 35T shrink wrapper installed in 2011.
The solution includes:
- APS 1550 ERGON palletizer for packing 4×3 and 6×4 bundles (0.33 L and 0.5 L PET bottles) and 3×2 bundles (1 L and 1.5 L PET bottles), arriving from LSK 35T shrink wrapper, in 800×1200 and 1000×1200 europallets;
- Conveyor belts for processing the packed product at the shrink wrapper outfeed;
- Rotating arm wrapper.
- smooth handling of the packs at the outfeed of the existing LSK shrink wrapper;
- simple and intuitive man-machine interface;
- easy maintenance;
- format changeover times reduced for the rapid transition from one production to another.