StellaNova tempering chocolate by Aasted. A Danish consolidated and family-owned company that has always been driven by a passion for innovation and pushing the boundaries.
Aasted supplies complete processing lines, machinery and equipment for the chocolate, bakery and confectionery industries around the world. At Aasted the mission for success does not stop at the product.
StellaNova tempering chocolate by Aasted, has separate cooling and shearing processes. (video: Aasted)
The Danish company strives towards excelling at aftersales and services, to provide to their customers with flexible and tailor-made solutions adaptable to any requirement anytime, anywhere.
Currently, CEO Piet Tæstensen continues to lead Aasted towards new heights by pioneering quality and continuous innovation. Quality and innovation are upheld by the strong merger with A.E Nielsen in 2010, which enabled the company to deliver a complete range of products to its valued customers.
StellaNova, advanced technology in chocolate tempering process
Revealing the most striking advance in the chocolate tempering process since 1946. Following 1946, when Dr. Kaj Christian Sophus Aasted invented the world’s first patented continuous chocolate plate temperer.
Aasted has been continuously advancing and perfecting the chocolate tempering process. With more than 100 years of experience in the chocolate industry, the tempering machines are embedded with unique know-how from dedicated and passionate engineers and chocolate specialists.
StellaNova tempering chocolate by AAsted: separated cooling and shearing process
The new StellaNova, like no tempering machine before, has separate cooling and shearing processes.
It’s now possible to set the exit temperature as low as 27ºC while keeping the highest quality of crystals. It is possible to raise production line output up to 40% by needing much shorter cooling time.
The machine is built entirely in stainless steel and has a unique planet wheel design that ensures 400% more shear without creating additional shear heat and saves up to 50% of energy compared to the traditional tempering machines. Some details:
- Hygienic stainless steel design
- Contains 75% less chocolate than traditional tempering machines
- The highest quality in chocolate tempering
- Does not create ß4 crystals
- Shorter cooling time, hence more throughput in the production line
- Smaller motor and no required reheat saves up to 50% of energy
- No add-ons required
- Compact design and up to 50% lighter in weight
- Easy to operate
StellaNova, Stainless steel hygienic design for food production
StellaNova is the tempering machine built entirely in stainless steel materials, from its unique planet scraper wheels to all other elements that are in contact with the chocolate.
Being stainless steel makes it significantly safe and available to use for food production, in other words, it lives up to the latest food-grade standards.
Saving up to 50% energy in tempering chocolate
The new StellaNova has a 60% smaller motor and column. The new design holds up to 75% less chocolate while still being extremely efficient.
StellaNova’s chocolate tempering process doesn’t require a reheat. Combined, with having a smaller motor and stack, these two factors save up to 50% energy, compared to traditional tempering machines.
Achieve up to 40% shorter cooling time
The new StellaNova is one of a kind chocolate tempering machine. It has separate cooling and shearing processes.
Meaning it is possib le to cool chocolate to a remarkably low temperature while maintaining the same amount of crystals. StellaNova lets you achieve shorter cooling time and raising production line output up to 40%.
Pushing boundaries in tempering
Unmatched degree in crystallization: with the new StellaNova, it’s now possible to choose exit temperature, as low as 27ºC and temper index separately, while maintaining the highest quality of crystals, giving you the possibility to raise production line output up to 40% by needing much shorter cooling time.
- 400% more shear with unique planet scraper wheel design: the new planet scraper wheel design ensures a greater shear, more uniform shear velocity and no possibility for the mass to bypass the cooling surfaces. Further, the innovative design provides 400% more shear without creating additional shear heat and significantly saves energy.
- The mass landscape: with the brand new StellaNova it is possible to temper any type of chocolate. StellaNova is a machine that can handle all chocolate viscosities and fat contents.
- New patented software: the most simple and user-friendly and intuitive interface for a tempering machine. With the new software, it is effortless to adjust the exit temperature and the temper index separately. The user interface is developed for users by users and is specially produced by Aasted for the chocolate industry.